We Run Because…Top 5 Reasons
|What’s off about this picture? (besides the focus)|
On a bitterly cold, sunny Saturday, I was excited to see so many runners turn out for the weekly run. So many so in fact, that it became apparent that a list needed to be made for how awesome TMIRCE Saturday really is. What does that mean? It means that the awesome-ness factor scale is solely dependent on one thing…informal runners. So without further adieu, the list you’ve all been waiting for:
5. …no matter how bad the weather is and no matter how cold it gets outside, someone always shows up. The attitude around the informal campus screams “I am a cold weather runner and so can you!” To the average observer, we’d look like postmen and woman who didn’t know any better; out in the elements – rain, sleet, snow and hail.
4. …you’re training for something. There’s a small voice in your head that says, “Thank goodness for running club, otherwise I’d never get my run in.”
|Mary getting her juice on|
3. …a lion escaped from the Stone Zoo in Stoneham and thinks you’re dinner. YUM.
2. …at some point or another, there’s an uncontrollable urge to do something completely different and out of the ordinary then 98% of the other people you know. Unless everyone you know is a runner – then it’s because everyone else that you know is a runner and you want to hang out.
and the number one reason why we run is…
1. …because running is [————-]. Who am I to say what the best thing about running is for you. All I know is that for me, every time I run, it’s the best day ever.
What to Look Forward To:
It’ll be the best day ever.